Sunday, August 3, 2008

More deep thoughts from a six year old

I love the 'curd-rice' at school, its the world's best curd-rice. I am the only one who eats the 'curd-rice' at school, the other kids just don't like it. ('curd-rice' is plain yogurt mixed with white rice and its a staple food in the south which the local kids find 'extremely boring' but a novelty for this kid :))

I sit next to a boy and a girl. The boy is Adaaarsh (an americanized mis-pronunciation of the name) and I don't know the name of the girl. All I know is that she talks like a baby (with a hint of disapproval. I am sure he knows her name but is refusing to acknowledge it :) )

Guess what! I met another American at the music school (anyone who talks like him is an american).

I don't want to ever go to China, the Dragon King might capture me (he just finished reading the 'day of the dragon king').

Today was my lucky day, I got pancakes for breakfast (I obliged after several requests for it).

Oh man! Why can't we go camping this weekend. Why don't we ever go camping in India? (unfortunately, Hyderabad doesn't have a lot of nature preserves, hiking, camping areas close by compared to Bangalore where eco-tourism and adventure travel options are available)

There are a lot of poor people in India. Can we give them money, so they are not poor anymore?

1 comment:

usha k said...

mamtha: nice insightful blog